31 May 2011

About Batman and Robin #23

Hi all. Just for the case someone cares about it, I´d like to write a line and explain why I only did 10 of the 20 pages from this issue. I was the solicited artist for the B&R #23 issue, and for the B&R #24 as well. Now the issue has been released some people is angry with me because it seems I had no time to finish the issue. Well, that´s just wrong. Usually I don´t have many problems to finish my work on time. I´m pretty fast -and work a lot of hours every day-, so I can handle a daily inked page. That´s 5 to 6 pages per week.

So, what happened? I was asked to work on another assigment before finishing the issue. That´s all. Do not blame me, I don´t like to leave a project unfinished either, and also I don´t like it as a reader to see the creative team is changed at the middle of the story.

By the way, B&R #24 will be drawn by another artist as well. Do not get angry with me again!

10 comments:

Jaime Herrera said...

¿Oye? ¿Y esto no lo explican en el mismo número del cómic? O sea, que lo comenten en la editorial, ¿no?.
Me encanta que hayas puesto lo de angry en rojo, podrías haberlo puesto en comic sans también XD

taterpie said...

Not mad at you at all. Just disappointed as I *LOVE* to see your art. Will look forward to the new project.

MK2FAC3 said...

I feel the same as Taterpie

Jackie! said...

Lo que ocurre es que muchos amamos tu arte y Batman & Robin es la serie favorita de muchos asi que fue un decepcionante ver que no eras el dibujante del #24.

Estaremos pendiente de tu trabajo en Catwoman

Batipato said...

Es una lástima que no hayas podido dibujar entero el #23, pero más doloroso fue ver que fuiste reemplazado en el #24 por un dibujante, que ahora desprecio tanto que ni recuerdo su nombre, es increíble que dejen dibujar a esa clase de tipos, es que francamente para mi gusto personal, "dibuja" este tipo como las reverendas. Me da mucha pena, porque me gusta mucho tu estilo y porque también me gusta mucho el personaje de Jason Todd...

Anonymous said...

I seriously do not think anyone with any sense felt that you were the problem with B&R 24 and 25. Its amazing at how good 23 was, with your art, and how, without your interpretations, 24 and 25 collapsed. Getting this relaunch right is more important and the DCU fans are behind you 100%

Carlos said...

Hola Guillem, el lunes pasado salió en el periódico "Levante" un artículo sobre tu próximo trabajo en "Catwoman". Te lo envio en un mail. Saludos.

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed also, but I dig your style. So I had to look you up. I hope to see more of your work. Especially in Batman titles!

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Games Online said...

Your favourite Action Games Online
must be played on the most largest website for Games Online
must be played on http://allgamesonline.org
Huge Diversity of games and Huge games database!